Find Essex Dog Friendly Beaches
Heading to the Essex coast with your dog and not sure if they are allowed on any beaches?
This Essex list of dog friendly beaches will help in planning your next trip to the beach, beaches for dogs near Essex
Our 2022 Essex dog friendly beach guide currently has 4 Essex beaches listed where dogs are allowed with 14 beaches that have some dog restrictions, and there are no beaches on which a full dog ban is in operation.
Essex Beaches allowing dogs
This list shows 4 Essex beaches with no dog restrictions and can be used all year.
- Thorney Bay Beach, Canvey Island
- West Mersea Beach, Mersea Island
- Jaywick Beach, Clacton–on–Sea
- Cudmore Grove Beach, Mersea Island
Note, although dogs are allowed you are expected to keep control of your dog, clean-up after them and some beaches may require you to keep them on a lead. Please check local information sites for any restrictions.
Essex Beaches that have dog restrictions
This list shows 14 Essex beaches allowing dogs but with some restrictions. These restrictions could be a time of day, restricted zones, dogs to be kept on a lead or only allowed out of season. Check our beach information page for details of the restrictions in place.
- Brightlingsea Beach, Brightlingsea
- Walton-on-the-Naze Beach, Walton-on-the-Naze
- Clacton West and Martello Bay Beach, Clacton–on–Sea
- Frinton-on-Sea Beach, Frinton on Sea
- Holland-on-sea Beach, Clacton–on–Sea
- Shoebury East Beach, Southend-on-Sea
- Shoebury Common Beach, Southend-on-Sea
- Chalkwell Beach, Southend-on-Sea
- Jubilee Beach, Southend-on-Sea
- Leigh Bell Wharf Beach, Southend-on-Sea
- Thorpe Bay Beach, Southend-on-Sea
- Three Shells Beach, Southend-on-Sea
- Westcliff Bay Beach, Southend-on-Sea
- Southend City Beach, Southend-on-Sea
Essex Beaches that do not allow dogs
We have no Essex beaches recorded that do not allow dogs at any time.
Essex Beaches that we have NO dog restriction information
This list shows 5 Essex beaches where we have no information on dog restrictions.
- Labworth Beach, Canvey Island
- Clacton Beach, Clacton–on–Sea
- Dovercourt Bay Beach, Harwich
- Beacon Hill Beach, Harwich
- Harwich Sailing Club Beach, Harwich
If you have visited any of these beaches and can update us then please drop us a note on facebook.
If a Essex beach is not listed above then we have no information and you will have to check local beach information boards.
Note that we try to keep this dog beach information up to date but restrictions are set by local councils and occasionally we may miss a change.
If you are not sure where to go then head over to our Essex coast page, or use the search bar below: