Find Kent Dog Friendly Beaches
Heading to the Kent coast with your dog and not sure if they are allowed on any beaches?
This Kent list of dog friendly beaches will help in planning your next trip to the beach, beaches for dogs near Kent
Our 2021 Kent dog friendly beach guide currently has 4 Kent beaches listed where dogs are allowed with 27 beaches that have some dog restrictions, and there are 2 beaches on which a full dog ban is in operation.
Kent Beaches allowing dogs
This list shows 4 Kent beaches with no dog restrictions and can be used all year.
- Epple Bay Beach, Margate
- Kingsgate Bay Beach, Broadstairs
- Dumpton Gap Beach, Broadstairs
- Grenham Bay Beach, Margate
Note, although dogs are allowed you are expected to keep control of your dog, clean-up after them and some beaches may require you to keep them on a lead. Please check local information sites for any restrictions.
Kent Beaches that have dog restrictions
This list shows 27 Kent beaches allowing dogs but with some restrictions. These restrictions could be a time of day, restricted zones, dogs to be kept on a lead or only allowed out of season. Check our beach information page for details of the restrictions in place.
- Botany Bay Beach, Broadstairs
- Viking Bay Beach, Broadstairs
- Dymchurch Beach, Dymchurch
- Hythe Beach, Hythe
- Joss Bay Beach, Broadstairs
- Margate Bay Beach, Margate
- Pegwell Bay Beach, Ramsgate
- Sheerness Beach, Isle Of Sheppey
- Dungeness Beach, Dungeness
- Westgate Bay Beach, Margate
- Deal Beach, Deal
- Walpole Bay Beach, Margate
- Sunny Sands Beach, Folkestone
- Greatstone Beach, New Romney
- Westbrook Bay Beach, Margate
- Kingsdown Beach, Deal
- Littlestone Beach, New Romney
- Minster Leas Beach, Isle Of Sheppey
- Minnis Bay Beach, Margate
- Ramsgate Main Sands Beach, Ramsgate
- Sandgate Beach, Folkestone
- Battery Point Beach, Hythe
- St Marys Bay Sands Beach, Dymchurch
- St Mildreds Bay Beach, Margate
- Stone Bay Beach, Broadstairs
- Louisa Bay Beach, Broadstairs
- Lower Leas Coastal Park Beach, Folkestone
Kent Beaches that do not allow dogs
This list shows 2 Kent beaches who do not allow dogs at any time.
Kent Beaches that we have NO dog restriction information
This list shows 13 Kent beaches where we have no information on dog restrictions.
- Herne Bay Beach, Herne Bay
- Hampton Pier East Beach, Whitstable
- Sandwich Bay Beach, Sandwich
- Allhallows Beach, Rochester
- The Warren Folkestone Beach, Folkestone
- Hampton Pier West Beach, Whitstable
- Reculver Beach, Herne Bay
- Shakespeare Beach, Dover
- St Margarets Bay Beach, Dover
- Tankerton Beach, Dymchurch
- Whitstable Beach, Whitstable
- Seasalter Beach, Whitstable
- Tankerton Beach, Whitstable
If you have visited any of these beaches and can update us then please drop us a note on facebook.
If a Kent beach is not listed above then we have no information and you will have to check local beach information boards.
Note that we try to keep this dog beach information up to date but restrictions are set by local councils and occasionally we may miss a change.
If you are not sure where to go then head over to our Kent coast page, or use the search bar below: