Find Norfolk Dog Friendly Beaches
Heading to the Norfolk coast with your dog and not sure if they are allowed on any beaches?
This Norfolk list of dog friendly beaches will help in planning your next trip to the beach, beaches for dogs near Norfolk
Our 2023 Norfolk dog friendly beach guide currently has 6 Norfolk beaches listed where dogs are allowed with 12 beaches that have some dog restrictions, and there are no beaches on which a full dog ban is in operation.
Norfolk Beaches allowing dogs
This list shows 6 Norfolk beaches with no dog restrictions and can be used all year.
- Caister Beach, Great Yarmouth
- North Beach, Great Yarmouth
- Heacham Beach, Hunstanton
- Great Yarmouth South Beach, Great Yarmouth
- Snettisham Beach, King's Lynn
- Winterton-on-Sea Beach, Winterton-on-Sea
Note, although dogs are allowed you are expected to keep control of your dog, clean-up after them and some beaches may require you to keep them on a lead. Please check local information sites for any restrictions.
Norfolk Beaches that have dog restrictions
This list shows 12 Norfolk beaches allowing dogs but with some restrictions. These restrictions could be a time of day, restricted zones, dogs to be kept on a lead or only allowed out of season. Check our beach information page for details of the restrictions in place.
- East Runton Beach, Cromer
- Cromer Beach, Cromer
- Great Yarmouth Central Beach, Great Yarmouth
- Hemsby Beach, Winterton-on-Sea
- Mundesley Beach, Mundesley
- Sea Palling Beach, Sea Palling
- Wells Beach, Wells-next-the-Sea
- Holkham Bay Beach, Wells-next-the-Sea
- West Runton Beach, Cromer
- Sheringham Beach, Sheringham
- Brancaster Beach, Brancaster
- Bacton Beach, Bacton
Norfolk Beaches that do not allow dogs
We have no Norfolk beaches recorded that do not allow dogs at any time.
Norfolk Beaches that we have NO dog restriction information
This list shows 10 Norfolk beaches where we have no information on dog restrictions.
- Cley Beach, Sheringham
- Gorleston Beach, Great Yarmouth
- California Beach, Great Yarmouth
- South Denes Beach, Great Yarmouth
- Hunstanton Beach, Hunstanton
- Hunstanton South Beach, Hunstanton
- Old Hunstanton Beach, Hunstanton
- Overstrand Beach, Cromer
- Scratby Beach, Great Yarmouth
- Walcott Beach, Walcott
If you have visited any of these beaches and can update us then please drop us a note on facebook.
If a Norfolk beach is not listed above then we have no information and you will have to check local beach information boards.
Note that we try to keep this dog beach information up to date but restrictions are set by local councils and occasionally we may miss a change.
If you are not sure where to go then head over to our Norfolk coast page, or use the search bar below: