From literary festivals to local celebrations of Northumberland tradition
Northumberland Guide to key arts and cultural events. Browse listings covering literary festivals, theatre, community interactive arts events and local celebrations of Northumberland tradition.
Finding out what’s on in Northumberland is easy – simply explore the event links below.
Popular Northumberland locations
Find Northumberland Dog Friendly Beaches
Heading to the Northumberland coast with your dog and not sure if they are allowed on any beaches?
This Northumberland list of dog friendly beaches will help in planning your next trip to the beach, beaches for dogs near Northumberland
Our Northumberland dog friendly beach list currently has 12 Northumberland beaches listed where dogs are allowed with 4 beaches that have some dog restrictions, and there are no beaches on which a full dog ban is in operation.
Northumberland Beaches allowing dogs
This list shows 12 Northumberland beaches with no dog restrictions and can be used all year.
- Seahouses North Beach, Seahouses
- Embleton Bay Beach, Embleton
- Amble Links Beach, Amble
- Bamburgh Castle Beach, Bamburgh
- Beadnell Bay Beach, Alnwick
- Newton Haven Beach, Alnwick
- Warkworth Beach, Warkworth
- Alnmouth Beach, Alnmouth
- Cambois Beach, Ashington
- Cresswell Beach, Ashington
- Druridge Bay Beach, Amble
- Fishermans Haven Beach, Berwick-upon-Tweed
Note, although dogs are allowed you are expected to keep control of your dog, clean-up after them and some beaches may require you to keep them on a lead. Please check local information sites for any restrictions.
Northumberland Beaches that have dog restrictions
This list shows 4 Northumberland beaches allowing dogs but with some restrictions. These restrictions could be a time of day, restricted zones, dogs to be kept on a lead or only allowed out of season. Check our beach information page for details of the restrictions in place.
- Blyth Beach, Blyth
- Cheswick Sands Cocklawburn Beach, Berwick-upon-Tweed
- Holy Island Lindisfarne Beach, Berwick-upon-Tweed
- Newbiggin Bay Beach, Ashington
Northumberland Beaches that do not allow dogs
We have no Northumberland beaches recorded that do not allow dogs at any time.
Northumberland Beaches that we have NO dog restriction information
This list shows 8 Northumberland beaches where we have no information on dog restrictions.
- Berwick Beach, Berwick-upon-Tweed
- North Seaton Beach, Ashington
- Craster Beach, Alnwick
- Longhoughton Steel Beach, Alnwick
- Annstead Beach, Seahouses
- Spittal Beach, Berwick-upon-Tweed
- Spittal Quay Beach, Berwick-upon-Tweed
- Ross Back Sands Beach, Bamburgh
If a Northumberland beach is not listed above then we have no information and you will have to check local beach information boards.
Note that we try to keep this dog beach information up to date but restrictions are set by local councils and occasionally we may miss a change.