Beaumaris Food Festival (Isle Of Anglesey)
- Event Information
The Beaumaris Food Festival is set in a seafront location between the historic Beaumaris Castle and the Menai Straits with the picturesque Snowdonia Mountain range providing the backdrop.
This promises to be a weekend filled with food, drink, demonstrations and live entertainment on stages through the day.Date:31st August 2019-1st September 2019
- How to register
Beaumaris food festival raises money for local cauises and charges a small adult fee whilst accompanied children go free. There is free parking for festival goers a short walk away, with park and ride also available.
- What do others think ...
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Beaumaris in Isle of Anglesey is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Beaumaris beach is a sand and pebble beach that sits either side of Beaumaris Pier. The beach is located right next to the car park overlooking Menai Straits with views towards mainland Wales with Snowdonia and Great Orme at Llandudno. The beach is only a short walk from the town with a backdrop of the Victorian buildings and Beaumaris castle. Overall a great family day out with the town of Beaumaris, the beach, the castle, pier and gaol providing lots for all to do. By the Pier you have a small paddling pool just behind the RNLI station and the other side of the car park is a small park with children’s play area and putting green. Car park right next to the beach. Pier has a small shop but within the town you have a selection of cafe, tea rooms, pubs and shops.
- Beaumaris Pier, opened in 1846, was designed by Frederick Foster and comprises a masonry jetty continuing out into the Strait on wooden and concrete pilings. After srorm damage in 1872 the pier was re-built and extended to 570 feet and a pavilion was constructed at the end which contained a cafe. It was once the landing stage for steamships of the Liverpool and North Wales Shipping Company. In the 1960s, through lack of maintenance, the pier became unsafe and was threatened with demolition, but local yachtswoman and lifeboat secretary Miss Mary Burton made a significant private donation to ensure the pier was saved for the town.
- Beaumaris Gaol, opened in 1829, as a Victorian Gaol in the heart of Beaumaris. The gaol was thought to be a model prison with running water and toilets in each cell, before this time gaols were just for holding prisoners before they were heard in court, hanged or transported to the colonies. When walking around you get a feeling for life in jail during Victorian times. You can see and read about the small cells, infirmary, men and women’s work rooms, punishment cell, human treadmill, chapel and much more. On the first floor you have an interesting door that would lead out to the gallows where during its life as a prison two people were publicly hanged. After the jail closed down it became the Beaumaris police station and later was used to house prisoner of war during the world war.
- Beaumaris Castle was the last and largest of King Edward I Welsh fortifications started in the 1290’s. Defences survive, surrounded by a partly restored moat. Beaumaris Castle is built on walls with walls plan and when built the inhabitants of Llanfaes were forcefully relocated 12 miles away to Newborough. Beaumaris Castle is within The Castles and Town Walls of King Edward UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Lleiniog Beach is a long sand and shingle beach that is split into a few sections on the shore of the Menai Straits, designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Popular for coastal walks with outstanding views over towards North Wales. The beach has a car park but for anything else your nearest option is a visit to nearby Beaumaris.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map