Glen Mona (Middle)
The Glen Mona is located to the north of the town of Douglas, the capital of the Isle of Man. It features free Wi-Fi in public places.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Douglas in Middle is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- 25th May 2019-7th June 2019The Isle of Man TT (Tourist Trophy) is run in a time-trial format on public roads closed to the public. The first Isle of Man TT race was held on Tuesday 28 May 1907 and has since been held most years. The TT week includes 9 races covering vehicles from traditional race bikes through to sidecars. Qualifying runs each evening from Saturday 25th May to Friday 31st May 2019 (Excluding Sunday 26th) Saturday 25th May – Friday 31st May 2019Qualifying runs each evening (Excluding Sunday 26th)Saturday 1st June 201912:00 Superbike TT Race (6 laps) 15:00 Sidecar TT Race 1 (3 laps)Monday 3rd June 201910:45 Supersport TT Race 1 (4 laps) 14:15 Superstock TT Race (4 laps)Wednesday 5th June 201910:45 Supersport TT Race 2 (4 laps) 13:45 Lightweight TT Race (4 laps) 16:25 Zero TT Race (1 lap)Friday 7th June 201910:30 Sidecar TT Race 2 (3 laps) 12:45 Senior TT Race (6 laps)* Please note that race dates are subject to change or cancellation by event organisers at short notice.
- The Manx Museum represents Isle of Man’s 10,000 year history and is depicted through film, galleries and interactive displays. The Island has a very interesting Viking, Celtic past and the more recent internment camps during the World War II and the world-famous TT races. The museum also has a cafe and shop.
- Tynwald or more formally, the High Court of Tynwald or Tynwald Court is the legislature of the Isle of Man. It is claimed to be the oldest continuous parliamentary body in the world, consisting of two Houses: the directly elected House of Keys and the indirectly chosen Legislative Council.
- The Tower of Refuge sits on St Mary’s Isle, which is a partially submerged reef within Douglas Bay. The structure was built upon the reef on the orders of Sir William Hillary (who helped to found the Royal National Lifeboat Institution) in 1832. After several shipwrecks upon the semi-submerged rock, he wanted a refuge for survivors until help could arrive.
- The Douglas Head Lighthouse marks the entrance to Douglas Bay on the east coast of the Isle of Man. The lighthouse is 32 metres (105 ft) split between the tower at 20 metres (66 ft) and its base at 12 metres (39 ft). Lighthouse at Douglas Head image: cc-by-sa/2.0 – © Richard Hoare – geograph.org.uk/p/3110907
- Port Soderick beach is a sand and rocky beach with a promenade, a children’s play area and a picnic site. This was a popular tourist location on the island but has since been forgotten and now is in a state of decay. Facilities at the beach include refreshments, promenade and parking. Video by Isle of Man by Drone
- Port Grenaugh is a tiny cove situated on the islands east coast, roughly half way between Douglas and Castletown. The beach is a mix of sand and shingle with plenty of rocks to explore. A narrow road winds it way down to the beach, where there is parking for several cars.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...