Find the nearest Attractions & Theme Park
Our Attractions and Theme Parks category brings all Coast Radar’s listings related to looking for something to do or a place to visit together where they offer some form of themed attraction.
Finding the best things to see and do on a day out with your family or friends is easy – simply explore the attractions and theme parks links below, hit the jump to my location button or use the search bar to plan your next UK and Ireland activity.
- Land’s End is the most south westerly point of mainland Britain on the Penwith peninsula, a unique location with beautiful scenery. Land’s End has a particular resonance because it is often used to suggest distance. Land’s End to John o’ Groats in Scotland is a distance of 838 miles (1,349 km) by road and defines the length of races, walks or charitable events. Explore the location; stand on the First and Last Point and take in the spectacular views; visit the historic buildings of the First and Last House and Penwith House; or wander around the West Country Shopping Village. In addition to this you have family entertainment of our five fantastic attractions which include a 4D Film Experience. Any visit to Lands End would not be complete without a photograph at the famous Signpost.
- Chester Racecourse, known as the Roodee, is according to official records the oldest racecourse still in use in England located on the banks of the River Dee. The site was once a harbour during the Roman settlement of the city during the Dark Ages but was closed as the river silted up thus making navigation impossible. Towards the centre of the infield is a raised mound which is decorated by a small cross known as a “rood”. It is from this that the race course derives the name “Roodee”; Roodee is a corruption of “Rood Eye”, meaning “The Island of the Cross”.
- Highdown Vineyard, Winery Shop and Tea Room Restaurant sits at the foot of the southern slopes of the South Downs in Ferring. The atmosphere is relaxed and tranquil with food served in the spacious winery barn. Looking out from the Vineyard to the slopes of the South Downs the views are spectacular. Highdown is a perfect place to visit for lunch or just a drink and a snack. A range of wine is available to purchase by the glass to accompany your meal. All the food is locally sourced, free range and freshly prepared. For winery tours and tastings, hire of function room or any enquiries call 01903 500663.
- Splash World is an indoor all weather water park suitable for all of the family. Includes a wide range of flumes and river rides, a relaxing bubble spa and a toddler pool and water play area including tipping buckets and fountains. We also have a poolside café with a menu offering a range of food and refreshments.
- La Mare Vineyards is a working wine estate in the grounds of a traditional 18th century granite farmhouse. The vineyard creats wines, ciders, spirits, hand-made preserves and chocolates. Guided tours are available that will take you through the vineyards, orchards, distillery and the chocolate production kitchen. An Audio -Visual presentation will take you through a year at the vineyard. You can briong your picnic or have something to eat in our restaurant. With any vineyard you will have an opportunity to taste and purchase the produce.
- The Milky Way Adventure Park has a wide range of attractions to suit all ages, whatever the weather. With over 85,000 sq ft of indoor fun & acres of outdoor activities, The Milky Way theme park is the biggest all weather, family day out in North Devon! There are so many things to do plus ALL the rides are included in the entrance fee!
- The Minack Theatre is Cornwall’s world famous open-air theatre. The Minack Open Air Theatre was originally constructed in the 1930s by Rowena Cade, who lived on the site. The theatre today has a Rowena Cade Exhibition that tells the tale of how she built the theatre with her own hands and from May to September you can see drama, musicals and opera in this most dramatic of setting. This is not just a theatre but a location and experience that should not be missed.