Our Attractions and Theme Parks category brings all Coast Radar’s Dorset listings related to looking for something to do or a place to visit together where they offer some form of themed attraction.
Finding the best things to see and do on a Dorset day out with your family or friends is easy – simply explore the attractions and theme parks links below, hit the jump to my location button or use the search bar to plan your next Dorset activity.
Popular Dorset locations
Find Dorset Dog Friendly Beaches
Heading to the Dorset coast with your dog and not sure if they are allowed on any beaches?
This Dorset list of dog friendly beaches will help in planning your next trip to the beach, beaches for dogs near Dorset
Our Dorset dog friendly beach list currently has 13 Dorset beaches listed where dogs are allowed with 21 beaches that have some dog restrictions, and there are no beaches on which a full dog ban is in operation.
Dorset Beaches allowing dogs
This list shows 13 Dorset beaches with no dog restrictions and can be used all year.
- Durdle Door Beach, West Lulworth
- Lulworth Cove Beach, West Lulworth
- Church Cliff Beach, Lyme Regis
- Mudeford Sandbanks Beach, Christchurch
- Bowleaze Cove Beach, Weymouth
- Highcliffe Castle Beach, Christchurch
- Worbarrow Bay Beach, Swanage
- Church Ope Cove Beach, Weymouth
- Kimmeridge Bay Beach, Swanage
- Monmouth Beach, Lyme Regis
- Rockley Park Beach, Poole
- East Cliff Beach, Lyme Regis
- Chapmans Pool Beach, Swanage
Note, although dogs are allowed you are expected to keep control of your dog, clean-up after them and some beaches may require you to keep them on a lead. Please check local information sites for any restrictions.
Dorset Beaches that have dog restrictions
This list shows 21 Dorset beaches allowing dogs but with some restrictions. These restrictions could be a time of day, restricted zones, dogs to be kept on a lead or only allowed out of season. Check our beach information page for details of the restrictions in place.
- Bournemouth Pier Beach, Bournemouth
- Chesil Bank Beach, Weymouth
- Alum Chine Beach, Bournemouth
- Boscombe Pier Beach, Bournemouth
- Durley Chine Beach, Bournemouth
- Bournemouth East Cliff Beach, Bournemouth
- Fishermans Walk Beach, Bournemouth
- Manor Steps Beach, Bournemouth
- Southbourne Beach, Bournemouth
- Charmouth Beach, Lyme Regis
- Avon Beach, Christchurch
- Friars Cliff Beach, Christchurch
- Highcliffe Beach, Christchurch
- Burton Hive Beach, Bridport
- Lyme Regis Town Beach, Lyme Regis
- Branksome Chine Beach, Poole
- Canford Cliffs Beach, Poole
- Sandbanks Beach, Poole
- Shore Road Beach, Poole
- Shell Bay Beach, Swanage
- Swanage Central Beach, Swanage
Dorset Beaches that do not allow dogs
We have no Dorset beaches recorded that do not allow dogs at any time.
Dorset Beaches that we have NO dog restriction information
This list shows 23 Dorset beaches where we have no information on dog restrictions.
- Ringstead Bay Beach, Weymouth
- Weymouth Beach, Weymouth
- Swanage Bay Beach, Swanage
- Studland Bay Beach, Swanage
- Hengistbury Head Beach, Christchurch
- Lyme Bay Beach, Lyme Regis
- Mudeford Quay Beach, Christchurch
- West Bay West Beach, Bridport
- West Bay East Beach, Bridport
- Eypes Mouth Beach, Bridport
- Greenhill Beach, Weymouth
- Overcome Beach, Weymouth
- Hamworthy Beach, Poole
- Harbour Sandbanks Beach, Poole
- Castle Cove Portland Harbour Beach, Weymouth
- Sandsfoot Castle Beach, Weymouth
- Seatown Beach, Bridport
- Swanage North Beach, Swanage
- Dancing Ledge Beach, Swanage
- Bandstand Beach, Weymouth
- Lodmoor Beach, Weymouth
- Newtons Cove Beach, Weymouth
- Shipstal Beach, Poole
If a Dorset beach is not listed above then we have no information and you will have to check local beach information boards.
Note that we try to keep this dog beach information up to date but restrictions are set by local councils and occasionally we may miss a change.