Planning a trip to the Gwynedd coast and looking for a beach hut or chalet to rent. Beach huts have been part of the British seaside since late Victorian times and now provide a means to stay at the beach all day whatever the weather.
Beach hut hire periods do vary but you can get them for a day or a whole week and although most don’t allow overnight stays some do offer beachside accommodation. Rental can be in the range of £20-£40/day depending on the level of equipment provided and position in Gwynedd.
Finding the right beach hut to rent or chalet to hire in Gwynedd is easy – explore the beach hut links below, or use the search bar.
Popular Gwynedd locations
Find Gwynedd Dog Friendly Beaches
Heading to the Gwynedd coast with your dog and not sure if they are allowed on any beaches?
This Gwynedd list of dog friendly beaches will help in planning your next trip to the beach, beaches for dogs near Gwynedd
Our Gwynedd dog friendly beach list currently has 8 Gwynedd beaches listed where dogs are allowed with 14 beaches that have some dog restrictions, and there are no beaches on which a full dog ban is in operation.
Gwynedd Beaches allowing dogs
This list shows 8 Gwynedd beaches with no dog restrictions and can be used all year.
- Afon Wen Beach, Llyn Peninsula
- Carreg Wen Beach, Porthmadog
- Llwyngwril Beach, Barmouth
- Warren Beach, Llyn Peninsula
- Penllech Beach, Llyn Peninsula
- Pontllyfni Beach, Llyn Peninsula
- Porth Neigwl Beach, Llyn Peninsula
- Aberdesach Beach, Llyn Peninsula
Note, although dogs are allowed you are expected to keep control of your dog, clean-up after them and some beaches may require you to keep them on a lead. Please check local information sites for any restrictions.
Gwynedd Beaches that have dog restrictions
This list shows 14 Gwynedd beaches allowing dogs but with some restrictions. These restrictions could be a time of day, restricted zones, dogs to be kept on a lead or only allowed out of season. Check our beach information page for details of the restrictions in place.
- Aberdaron Beach, Llyn Peninsula
- Aberdyfi Beach, Aberdovey
- Abersoch Main Beach, Llyn Peninsula
- Criccieth Beach, Llyn Peninsula
- Dinas Dinlle Beach, Llyn Peninsula
- Fairbourne Beach, Barmouth
- Llanbedrog Beach, Llyn Peninsula
- Llandanwg Beach, Harlech
- Black Rock Sands Beach, Porthmadog
- Nefyn Beach, Llyn Peninsula
- Pwllheli Beach, Llyn Peninsula
- Porth Towyn Beach, Llyn Peninsula
- Tywyn Beach, Tywyn
- Abersoch Harbour Beach, Llyn Peninsula
Gwynedd Beaches that do not allow dogs
We have no Gwynedd beaches recorded that do not allow dogs at any time.
Gwynedd Beaches that we have NO dog restriction information
This list shows 16 Gwynedd beaches where we have no information on dog restrictions.
- Harlech Beach, Harlech
- Abererch Beach, Llyn Peninsula
- Barmouth Beach, Barmouth
- Porth Wylfa Beach, Cemaes
- Marine Beach, Llyn Peninsula
- Morfa Dyffryn Beach, Barmouth
- Plas Menai National Watersports Centre Beach, Caernarfon
- Y Felinheli Beach, Bangor Gwynedd
- Porth Dinllaen Beach, Llyn Peninsula
- Whistling Sands Beach, Llyn Peninsula
- Tal-y-bont Beach, Barmouth
- Trefor Beach, Llyn Peninsula
- Porth Ysgo Beach, Llyn Peninsula
- Porth Ceiriad Beach, Llyn Peninsula
- Porth Iago Beach, Llyn Peninsula
- Porth Ferin Beach, Llyn Peninsula
If a Gwynedd beach is not listed above then we have no information and you will have to check local beach information boards.
Note that we try to keep this dog beach information up to date but restrictions are set by local councils and occasionally we may miss a change.