Find the nearest Sports
Our Sports category brings all Coast Radar’s listings related to coastal sports together, where these can be teaching organisations or recommended locations.
Finding the best things to see and do on a day out with your family or friends is easy – simply explore the sports links below, hit the jump to my location button or use the search bar to plan your next UK and Ireland activity.
- Rye Watersports is a long established teaching centre offering lessons in Kitesurfing, Windsurfing, Dinghy Sailing and Stand Up Paddleboarding. Lessons in kitesurfing, windsurfing and sailing are taught on our coastal lake, mid-way between Rye and Camber. The nearby beaches of Camber Sands in East Sussex, and Greatstone in Kent are where we run our kitesurfing lessons from.
- The Connemara National Park features 2,000 hectares of mountains, bogs, heaths, grasslands and forests. Activities include Diamond Hill Trails, Nature Trails, Picnic Areas, Children’s Playground and Tea Room. Dogs that are under control are welcome in the National Park, but owners must at all times be conscious of their responsibility to other visitors and wildlife. Opening:Visitor Centre – Open daily, 9am to 5.30pm from March to November, admission free Park Grounds – Open daily 9.00am-5.30pm all year round, admission free Tea Room – Open daily March – November 9.30am – 5.30pm; Weekends Only December – February Camping allowed although some strict rules do apply
- The Royal St George’s Golf Club is a links course located in Sandwich, Kent, and has a long golfing history which has hosted many amateur and professional tournaments since the 1880’s. This club is one of the UK’s top golf clubs which is on The Open Championship rotation.
- SurfsUp Surf School and Shop located on Polzeath beach on the North Cornwall coast. All of our instructors, in addition to being ESF qualified and trained lifeguards, are committed to constantly improving their own surfing. Our courses take care of any skill level from beginner, to improvers and intermediates and on to elite. For those that are not sure or you just want to try whilst on holiday then try taster lesson. Our shop sells a large range of children and adult clothes and accessories.
- WeSUP offers total SUP discovery for the whole family. Based in Falmouth, Cornwall, we offer various stand up paddle board activities including lessons, equipment hire, guided coastal tours, team building and group activities, instructor training and events management.
- The Escape Surf School is located in Newquay, Cornwall and offers to teach to all levels from beginners to the most advanced. We also hire out kit if you just want to practise. Facilities include heated changing rooms with hot showers, board storage, shop with a selection of clothes and surf guides, and we are based at Belushis Bar and Restaurant overlooking Towan beach if you want to chill out. The school is open 12 months of the year, 7 days a week,
- Shoreham Sailing Club is located by Shoreham Beach, on the western bank of the River Adur with boats launched and recovered from our slipway into the harbour. The Club attracts a wide range of members of all ages and ability from the local community and as far afield as London, creating opportunities for all types of sailors in the full range of boats. Shoreham is a great stretch of water to learn within afriendly club atmosphere.
- The Hayle Outdoor Swimming Pool is open daily, weather permitting, during the main summer months. Although a unheated pool it does have a solar cover that means the water temperature is a few degrees higher. Ideally located close to miles of glorious sandy beaches.
- The Lusty Glaze Adventure Centre is located on the privately owned Lusty Glaze beach in Newquay, Cornwall. We offer a range of activities:Surfing for all abilities, banana boat rides, jet ski lessons Abseiling, tightropes Beach activities and games like volleyball, dodgeball and football We support individuals as well as bespoke activities for groups including corporate events.