Our Sports category brings all Coast Radar’s Cumbria listings related to coastal sports together, where these can be teaching organisations or recommended locations.
Finding the best things to see and do on a Cumbria day out with your family or friends is easy – simply explore the sports links below, hit the jump to my location button or use the search bar to plan your next Cumbria activity.
Popular Cumbria locations
Find Cumbria Dog Friendly Beaches
Heading to the Cumbria coast with your dog and not sure if they are allowed on any beaches?
This Cumbria list of dog friendly beaches will help in planning your next trip to the beach, beaches for dogs near Cumbria
Our Cumbria dog friendly beach list currently has 15 Cumbria beaches listed where dogs are allowed with no beaches that have some dog restrictions, and there are no beaches on which a full dog ban is in operation.
Cumbria Beaches allowing dogs
This list shows 15 Cumbria beaches with no dog restrictions and can be used all year.
- Whitehaven Beach, Whitehaven
- St Bees Beach, Whitehaven
- Silecroft Beach, Millom
- Seascale Beach, Egremont
- Askam-in-Furness Beach, Barrow-in-Furness
- Allonby Beach, Allonby
- Crosscannonby Beach, Allonby
- Maryport Beach, Maryport
- Nethertown Beach, Egremont
- Ravenglass Beach, The Lake District
- Roanhead Beach, Barrow-in-Furness
- Siddick Beach, Workington
- Silloth Beach, Silloth
- Skinburness Beach, Silloth
- Workington Beach, Workington
Note, although dogs are allowed you are expected to keep control of your dog, clean-up after them and some beaches may require you to keep them on a lead. Please check local information sites for any restrictions.
Cumbria Beaches that have dog restrictions
We have no Cumbria beaches recorded that allow dogs but with some restrictions.
Cumbria Beaches that do not allow dogs
We have no Cumbria beaches recorded that do not allow dogs at any time.
Cumbria Beaches that we have NO dog restriction information
This list shows 10 Cumbria beaches where we have no information on dog restrictions.
- Newbiggin Beach, Barrow-in-Furness
- Aldingham Beach, Barrow-in-Furness
- Bardsea Beach, Barrow-in-Furness
- Braystones Beach, Egremont
- Earnse Bay Beach, Barrow-in-Furness
- Grange-over-Sands Beach, Grange over Sands
- Haverigg Beach, Millom
- Millom Beach, Millom
- Biggar Bank Beach, Barrow-in-Furness
- Sandy Gap Beach, Barrow-in-Furness
If a Cumbria beach is not listed above then we have no information and you will have to check local beach information boards.
Note that we try to keep this dog beach information up to date but restrictions are set by local councils and occasionally we may miss a change.