Lighthouses may now be automated but they still provide a critically important service to shipping. Our Lighthouse category brings all Coast Radar’s Outer Hebrides listings related to lighthouses together.
If you think about it, lighthouses were created to warn shipping travelling to ports of reefs and promontories. Lighthouses are part of our heritage and many are protected listed buildings in some of the most spectacular coastlines. Visiting a lighthouse takes you to some of the most beautiful and wild parts of the UK.
Finding the best things to see and do on a Outer Hebrides day out with your family or friends is easy – simply explore the lighthouse links below, to find the closest lighthouse just hit the “Find Near Me” button or use the search bar to plan your next Outer Hebrides activity.
Outer Hebrides Map
Popular Outer Hebrides locations
Find Outer Hebrides Dog Friendly Beaches
Heading to the Outer Hebrides coast with your dog and not sure if they are allowed on any beaches?
This Outer Hebrides list of dog friendly beaches will help in planning your next trip to the beach, beaches for dogs near Outer Hebrides
Our Outer Hebrides dog friendly beach list currently has 10 Outer Hebrides beaches listed where dogs are allowed with no beaches that have some dog restrictions, and there are no beaches on which a full dog ban is in operation.
Outer Hebrides Beaches allowing dogs
This list shows 10 Outer Hebrides beaches with no dog restrictions and can be used all year.
- Luskentyre Beach, Isle of Harris
- Seilebost Beach, Isle of Harris
- Huisinish Beach, Isle of Harris
- Borve Beach, Isle of Harris
- Bostadh Beach, Isle of Lewis
- Dalmore Beach, Isle of Lewis
- Horgabost Beach, Isle of Harris
- Reef Beach, Isle of Lewis
- Scarista Beach, Isle of Harris
- Eoropie Beach, Isle of lewis
Note, although dogs are allowed you are expected to keep control of your dog, clean-up after them and some beaches may require you to keep them on a lead. Please check local information sites for any restrictions.
Outer Hebrides Beaches that have dog restrictions
We have no Outer Hebrides beaches recorded that allow dogs but with some restrictions.
Outer Hebrides Beaches that do not allow dogs
We have no Outer Hebrides beaches recorded that do not allow dogs at any time.
Outer Hebrides Beaches that we have NO dog restriction information
This list shows 13 Outer Hebrides beaches where we have no information on dog restrictions.
- Uig Sands Beach, Ardroil
- Rosamol Beach, Isle of Harris
- Garry Beach, Isle of Lewis
- Tangasdale Beach, Isle of Barra
- West Bay Beach, Isle of Vatersay
- Vatersay Bay Beach, Isle of Vatersay
- Bagh A Deas Beach, Isle of Vatersay
- Little Bernera Beach, Isle of Lewis
- Cliff Beach, Isle of Lewis
- Tolsta Beach, Isle of Lewis
- Craigston Beach, Isle of Barra
- Cockle Strand Beach, Isle of Barra
- Traigh Eais Beach, Isle of Barra
If a Outer Hebrides beach is not listed above then we have no information and you will have to check local beach information boards.
Note that we try to keep this dog beach information up to date but restrictions are set by local councils and occasionally we may miss a change.