Find the nearest Shopping
Heading to and looking for some retail therapy. This can be anything from surf equipment, clothing to unique local arts and crafts from small independent retailers.
Finding the best shopping in is easy – simply explore the links below, hit the jump to my location button or use the search bar to plan your next shopping trip.
- SurfsUp Surf School and Shop located on Polzeath beach on the North Cornwall coast. All of our instructors, in addition to being ESF qualified and trained lifeguards, are committed to constantly improving their own surfing. Our courses take care of any skill level from beginner, to improvers and intermediates and on to elite. For those that are not sure or you just want to try whilst on holiday then try taster lesson. Our shop sells a large range of children and adult clothes and accessories.
- Jane James is an award winning artist who has become one of the best know ceramic designers in the Channel Islands. Working from her production studio overlooking English Harbour in St Helier, Jane’s work draws on inspiration from the beautiful coastline of Jersey. All her ceramics are either hand cut or press moulded from white earthenware clay. The ceramics are then hand finished using a range of implements including various shells. The ceramics are then bisque fired to 1150c for 9 hours before they are individually hand painted with a range of speciality glazes. The ceramics are then fired a second time which produces beautifully bold and bright ceramic pieces with a magical lustre finish that capture the shimmering colours of the sea. Most of Jane’s pieces are mounted on local driftwood collected from the many beautiful beaches around Jersey. These add an extra sculptural quality and interest to create unique pieces of coastal art. Each piece of work is unique and conveys Jane’s colourful and happy style. Her work is identified using a handmade ceramic button signed with the letter ‘J’. Jane’s ceramics have qualified for Genuine Jersey status, which guarantees that the craft skill involved can be regarded as genuinely local to Jersey. Jane has two gifts shop in Jersey, one in the historic Central Market in the Island’s capital St Helier and one in the beautiful Gorey Harbour. Jane’s work can also be bought online at www.jane-james.com
- The Trevone Bay Cafe and Shop sits behind the beach by the car park. You will find a cafe, shop and can hire to you wet suits, surf boards, kayaks and bodyboards. The bay can be a little rough and the shop is always on hand to offer advice on the conditions.
- The Escape Surf School is located in Newquay, Cornwall and offers to teach to all levels from beginners to the most advanced. We also hire out kit if you just want to practise. Facilities include heated changing rooms with hot showers, board storage, shop with a selection of clothes and surf guides, and we are based at Belushis Bar and Restaurant overlooking Towan beach if you want to chill out. The school is open 12 months of the year, 7 days a week,
- The Surf HQ shop sits behind the car park on Portreath beach. The shop sells and hires wetsuits, bodyboards, surfboards, kayak, clothing and accessories. We also offer surfing and bodyboarding lessons. All equipment is provided it free of charge for your lesson and if you want to carry on using it for the rest of the day the kit is also available to hire.
- Hi, my name is Paula and i run Peblsrock Seaglass, based in Seaham, close to our fabulous beaches. I run an online business supplying sea glass, jewellery and art through my etsy stores Peblsrock and Peblsart. In addition I offer help to visitors looking for sea glass and can make jewellery to order with the pebls that you find. You can either contact me to arrange to meet you at the beach when you visit or if you’re popping by at a weekend, then come down to the Lookout cafe at weekends where you’ll find my pop-up shop. It’s next to the marina in Seaham so just follow the signs. I also write children’s books, with the first two of a five volume set already in print. These feature the history of Seaham in a child friendly way along with a fictional explanation for the sea glass that is found on the beach. The stories feature a family of mermaids and a single would-be pirate who finds himself stranded on a sand bank just offshore. Find out more about their adventures buy purchasing the books as they come out and if you’re really into mermaids, or pirates, why not back our projects on Kickstarter.link as we crowdfund each book. Hope to see you soon. Paula
- Worthing Watersports are the only shop specialising in windsurfing, kitesurfing, sit-on-top kayaking, stand-up-paddle (SUO) boards and body boarding in Worthing and the general area and are a ‘one-stop-shop’ with free and very easy parking. Located opposite Sea Lane Café we not only stock just about everything you will ever need but also have deep knowledge of the area, Goring, Ferring, Worthing, and Lancing.