Armagh Franciscan Friary dates back to the year 1263. Founded by Archbishop Read more [...]
- About Us
St Malachys Chapel Info
St Malachy’s Chapel was rebuilt in 1934 in Romanesque style with a barrel vaulted ceiling in the nave and seats around 1200 people.
Saint Malachy was the Archbishop of Armagh attributed with several miracles and a vision of there being 112 Popes. He was canonised by Pope Clement Illin in 1199. This chapel is dedicated to his work and attracts visitors from all over the world to view it’s interior beauty.
Dinelli Figli of Italy created the marble high alter, baptismal font, pulpit, sanctuary floor and communion rail and steps. The seating was donated by Cardinal McRory who took a great interest in the building. In 1938 it was ready.
Since then the Chapel has undergone more restoration and now stands a proud reminder of its humble beginnings.
St Malachys Chapel Reviews