Rest Bay Beach (Bridgend)
Rest Bay beach is approximately 2.5 kilometres at low tide, and faces south west towards the Bristol Channel. The beach is a mix of sand with rock slabs and pebbles at the high tide line.
Porthcawl town sits in the south-east end of the bay, while the north-west end has the Royal Porthcawl Golf Course.
Popular with surfers, windsurfing and kitesurfing in designated zones.
Rest Bay Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Rest Bay Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Porthcawl in Bridgend is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...