Sandy Bay Beach (Bridgend)
Sandy Bay beach in Porthcawl is a large sheltered and sandy beach in front of the fairground known as Coney Beach. Sandy Bay curves round and joins onto Trecco Bay beach after Rhych Point.
Sandy Bay is popular with families who can enjoy a traditional seaside location including donkey and pony rides on the beach, alongside other facilities such as trampolines and bouncy castles and the adjacent Coney Beach Fun Fair.
This beach is popular with surfers.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Sandy Bay Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Porthcawl in Bridgend is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...