Cefn Sidan Beach (Carmarthenshire)
Cefn Sidan is a fine sandy beach backed by dunes that sits at the edge of the Pembrey Burrows and looks out into Carmarthen Bay in South Wales. The beach stretches for nearly 8 miles and at low tide you can have a long walk to the water. The fine sand does make it hard to create large sandcastles.
The beach is large and exposed so it can be windy but a geat place to walk and the beach is popular for kite-buggying and kite-mountainboarding.
Cefn Sidan forms part of the Pembrey Country Park and is also known as Pembrey Beach.
Facilities include car parking, lifeguards (summer only), cafe/restaurant and beach shop.
As this is a large beach with large areas of sand dunes it does have some naturism although this is not allowed.
Cefn Sidan Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Cefn Sidan beach, dogs restrictions on the main 1 mile of beach between May and September.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Llanelli in Carmarthenshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...