Cefn Sidan Beach
Cefn Sidan is a fine sandy beach backed by dunes that sits at the edge of the Pembrey Burrows and looks out into Carmarthen Bay in South Wales. The beach stretches for nearly 8 miles and at low tide you can have a long walk to the water. The fine sand does make it hard to create large sandcastles.
The beach is large and exposed so it can be windy but a geat place to walk and the beach is popular for kite-buggying and kite-mountainboarding.
Cefn Sidan forms part of the Pembrey Country Park and is also known as Pembrey Beach.
Facilities include car parking, lifeguards (summer only), cafe/restaurant and beach shop.
As this is a large beach with large areas of sand dunes it does have some naturism although this is not allowed.
Cefn Sidan Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Cefn Sidan beach, dogs restrictions on the main 1 mile of beach between May and September.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Llanelli in Carmarthenshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Stay At …
Booking.com interactive map