Tresaith Beach (Ceredigion)
Tresaith beach is a small sandy beach set within a sheltered sandy bay, a popular family beach with safe swimming and rock pools to explore.
You also have a small second beach that can be accessed by passing below a waterfall that flows down the cliffs onto the beach. If you do choose to go to this beach then keep an eye on the tides so that you don’t get cut off.
Tresaith is on the Ceredigion Coast Path and some good walks are available on this Cardigan Bay stretch, if you are lucky you may see some dolphins and seals in the bay.
Facilities include toilets with disabled facilities, seasonal lifeguards, cafe, pub overlooking the beach, beach shop and slipway. Parking can be hard to find spots in the high season.
Tresaith Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Tresaith beach has dog restrictions between 1st May and 30th September.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Aberporth in Ceredigion is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...