Mwnt Beach (Ceredigion)
Mwnt beach is a secluded sandy bay situated within Cardigan Bay and looks out onto the Irish Sea. The beach is owned and maintained by the National Trust. Mwnt gets its name from the steep conical hill, which is a landmark of Cardigan Bay.
From the clifftop walks you may get to see Bottlenosed Dolphins, Seals and Porpoise.
Facilities include small cafe and shop, disabled toilets and a campsite. The beach is backed by high cliffs and accessed by a series of steps.
Mwnt Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Mwnt beach, dogs are not allowed on the beach between May and September
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Cardigan in Ceredigion is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...