Guilden Sutton (Cheshire)
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Chester in Cheshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Chester Zoo is a zoological garden at Upton by Chester, in Cheshire. Chester Zoo was opened in 1931 by George Mottershead and his family and it is one of the UK’s largest zoos. The zoo has 15,000 animals spread out over 125 acres of award-winning zoological gardens.
- Chester Central (North) Premier Inn is ideal for both business and leisure guests visiting historic Chester. This is the closest premier inn to Chester Zoo and also has great transport links to all local attractions including Chester Zoo, Cheshire Oaks, Chester Racecourse, the Blue Planet Aquarium and Upton Park golf club. For evening entertainment there are lots of bars and restaurants just 1 mile from this hotel. Our Chester Central North Premier Inn has everything you’d expect, free parking, incredibly comfy beds in every room and an onsite restaurant.Save Save Save
- The Roman amphitheatre at Chester was the largest in Britain and dates from the 1st century when the Roman fort of Deva Victrix was founded. The amphitheatre was used for entertainment and military training. It is believed there have been two stone-built amphitheatres on the site. The first was a simple structure whilst the second later one consisted of a 40 feet (12 m) high stone ellipse, 320 feet (98 m) along the major axis by 286 feet (87 m) along the minor and could easily seat 8,000 people.
- Chester Cathedral was founded as a Benedictine abbey in 1092 and dedicated to Christ and the Blessed Virgin Mary, The original church was built in the Romanesque or Norman style, parts of which can still be seen today. This church was subsequently rebuilt from around 1250 onward in the Gothic style and is what can be seen today.
- Chester City Walls consist of a defensive structure built to protect the city with their construction being started by the Romans when they established the fortress of Deva Victrix between 70 and 80 AD. Today the Chester city walls are a major tourist attraction for visitors to the city and form an almost complete circuit of the city as it was in the medieval era. The walk is almost 2 miles (3.2 km) on a continuously elevated walkway, apart from a short section on the south of the city.
- The Town Hall is a listed building and built in banded pink and buff sandstone with a grey-green slate roof. The building is open on weekdays to the public when events are not being held, also run monthly tours and have annual open days. Today the council don’t use the building but it can be hired for functions and weddings.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...