Kinmel Bay Beach (Conwy)
Kinmel Bay is a fine, north-facing, sandy beach fronted on the landward side by a narrow promenade and sea wall along its entire length. Sand dunes local nature reserve fronts onto the landward side of the promenade.
This beach is the northern part of a stretch including Abergele, Pensarn and Towyn.
Popular kitesurfing location, when the tide goes out you get a flat lagoon.
Facilities include car park, cafe and supermarket.
Kinmel Bay Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Kinmel Bay beach, Dog restrictions 1st May to 30th September on part of Kinmel Bay beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Abergele in Conwy is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...