Pensarn Beach (Conwy)
Abergele and Pensarn lies between Rhyl to the east and Colwyn Bay to the West and is generally ignored due to the popularity of nearby Rhyl, Prestatyn, Colwyn Bay, Llandudno and Conwy. It has a northerly facing promenade, approximately 500 metres long.
Popular for windsurfing, canoeing ans also good kitesurfing although not a beginner location due to obstacles in the water.
Facilities include car parking, Shops and cafes. The Abergele Train Station is located just off the beach at Pensarn.
Pensarn Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Pensarn beach, dogs are not allowed to go between the cafe and the western end of the promenade.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Abergele in Conwy is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...