Summerleaze Beach (Cornwall)
Summerleaze beach is located within a short walk of Bude town centre making it a very popular family sandy beach. However, as it is so large at low tide it never feels over crowded.
Summerleaze beach has on one side a large breakwater complete with tower protecting a small harbour and the mouth of the Bude canal with its massive lock gates. On the opposite side of the beach there’s a sea-water bathing pool.
Backing onto the beach are grassy downs and the River Neet.
Large car park with easy access, toilets, cafe, lifeguards in the summer and Bude town centre a short 5 minute walk.
Summerleaze Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Summerleaze beach allows dogs although from late May until the end of September dogs must be kept on a lead during the day.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Bude in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...