Raven Surf School (Cornwall)
- InformationPhone: 01288 353693
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Bude in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- We operate our surf school from Bude’s main car park at Summerleaze beach, close to the waves and surrounded by great places to eat, drink and stay. All our surf instructors are experienced surfers, highly qualified beach lifeguards and trained in First Aid and group safety.
- The Castle Bude is a heritage centre, gallery and restaurant. The building created by Sir Goldsworthy Gurney has been restored into a heritage centre, gallery and restaurant. This is a fine place to start your exploration of Bude, located in the center by the canal wharf and beaches. Learn about Bude and surrounding areas: early years, local crafts, shipwrecks and lifesaving.
- The Big Blue Surf School is based in Bude, North Cornwall. Surfing lessons for your kids, for your school, just for women and girls, disabled, or as a group or corporate event, just one requirment that you are over 8 years old, are reasonably fit and can swim 50 metres, The school is open all year around.
- Summerleaze beach is located within a short walk of Bude town centre making it a very popular family sandy beach. However, as it is so large at low tide it never feels over crowded. Summerleaze beach has on one side a large breakwater complete with tower protecting a small harbour and the mouth of the Bude canal with its massive lock gates. On the opposite side of the beach there’s a sea-water bathing pool. Backing onto the beach are grassy downs and the River Neet. Large car park with easy access, toilets, cafe, lifeguards in the summer and Bude town centre a short 5 minute walk.
- Crooklets Beach is a popular family sandy beach with plenty of facilities, although a small beach at Crooklets it adjoins Summerleaze and Northcott Mouth at low tide forming a larger bay. Crooklets beach is a popular surf spot suiting all levels of surfer but due to its location and size can get very busy. Facilities at the beach include shops, toilets, cafe, outdoor swimming pool, lifeguard service in summer months.
- Northcott Mouth beach is a mix of pebbles at high tide and expanses of sand, punctuated by rock. At low tide joins up with Crooklets Beach in the south and almost as far as Duckpool in the north. However, it is not advisable to attempt the walk unless you know the tide times as it is easy to get cut off. Small car park next to the beach, toilets and cafe, lifeguard service during summer months. We have no dog information for Northcott Mouth beach.
- Sandymouth beach is a large pebble beach and sand at low tide when it connects in one long stretch to the beaches of Bude. The beach is backed by high cliffs and offer rock pools to explore. West facing beach and a good surfing opportunity away from the crowds of Bude. The beach is managed by the National Trust. Facilities include National Trust Car park (charges for non-members), toilets, shop, cafe and lifeguards in summer season.
- Widemouth Sands is a large sandy beach that is ideal for families and offers a variety of activities including swimming, traditional beach games, surfing and rock pools. Facilities include lifeguards in the summer, cafes, pub/shop on the cliff, and parking.
- Black Rock beach sits on the south end of Widemouth Sands and marks the rockier end of this long beach, the north end being a large expanse of sand. The beach is great for families as you have that great mix of sand and many rock pools to explore at low tide. Facilities at the beach include shops, cafe, large car park, seasonal lifeguards and toilets.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...