Swanpool Beach (Cornwall)
Swanpool beach is a small east facing sand and pebble cove on the outskirts of Falmouth. There is level access to the beach and excellent facilities are close by.
There is a footpath around Swanpool Lake (good for birds) to the Cornwall Wildlife Trust Nature reserve beyond, and a coastal path leading to Gyllingvase beach.
The beach is popular for surfing, suitable for novice to intermediates.
Facilities include car park, toilets, shop, cafe, restaurants, seasonal hire beach huts, crazy golf and changing rooms.
Swanpool beach does not allow dogs between Easter and October.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Falmouth in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...