Beachcombers Apartments (Cornwall)
Set just 200 metres from a lovely beach, Beachcombers Apartments provide modern self-catered accommodation. With free Wi-Fi and free parking, guests are only 4 miles from lively Newquay.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Newquay in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- 7th August 2019-11th August 2019The Boadmasters Festival is held in Newquay, Cornwall and split over two locations in the town:Watergate Bay for the camping and the music stages Fistral Beach for the surfing competitions, skate/BMX, Beach Sessions and surf village
- Watersports are not the only thing to do, Watergate Bay is a great beach for a walk at low tide and dogs are allowed all year round. Like most of Cornwall’s beaches it’s on the South West Coast Path and there are good walks in both directions – North to Mawgan Porth, Bedruthan Steps and Constantine and South to Newquay.
- Watergate Bay in Newquay has a two mile stretch of sandy beach at low tide. An action packed beach with excellent facilities and beachside restaurants including Jamie Oliver inspired FIFTEEN Cornwall and The Beach Hut. For surfers, Watergate Bay is a good beach for all experience levels including novices with a mid-high tide sandy beach break (left and rights). SE wind direction generally considered the best surf conditions. Good kitesurfing location due to the large beach and very good kite surfing learning spot due to the shallow large beach. Note that kitesurfing is not allowed between lifeguard flags during the peak season. The beach has local shops, car park, cafe, toilets, surf school & hire, toilets and seasonal lifeguard (May – end of September). If you want to head into Newquay this is a good 45 minute to an hour walk.
- Beacon Cove is a sandy beach that disappears at high tide. The beach is backed by high cliffs and sits between the main beaches at Watergate Bay to the South and Mawgan Porth to the North. Getting down the steep slopes is a challenge and the nearest facilities are at Mawgan Porth. We have no dog information for Beacon Cove beach.
- Whipsiderry beach, sandy sheltered cove situated to the North of Porth beach this is one of the hidden beaches of Newquay. Due to limited parking it never gets busy even in the high season. At high tide no beach and be careful you don’t get cut off as the tide rises. On the outskirts of Newquay with a 30 minute walk from Newquay town centre with access to the beach is only by steps. You don’t get facilities with no car park but you can find some spaces on the road, no food outlets and this beach has no lifeguard.
- Kingsurf Surf School is a B.S.A and Surfing England approved surf school that operates out of Mawgan Porth beach. We offer all levels of surf tuition including group and family lessons, with all of our coaches are qualified beach lifeguards, community responders for the RNLI and attend a yearly casualty care course.
- Mawgan Porth beach is a wide sandy beach with sand even at high tide. Less crowded than its Newquay neighbours and more accessible than Bedruthan Steps. As the beach has golden sands and less busy than its neighbours it is ideal for families and surfing beginners. Toilets, parking, cafe and shops are close to the beach with lifeguards during the summer months.
- Porth beach is a sandy family beach with rock pools and backed by cliffs. At low tide you have a great expanse of sand but this does mean it can be a good walk to the sea. As one of the most exposed beaches within the Newquay area this beach has a good swell with a break that varies depending on the position of the ever changing sand bar. Popular with novice surfers and body boarders. Facilities include car park, toilets, cafe, pub, shop and seasonal lifeguards. The beach is also only a 20 -30 minute walk from Newquay town centre.
- The Surf Club Cornwall is located at the Bedruthan Steps Hotel overlooking Mawgan Porth beach. All instructors are fully qualified surf coaches, CRB checked, as well as qualified beach lifeguards. Our lessons last a duration of 2 hours and we provide all the equipment.
- Lusty Glaze Beach Adventure CentreLusty Glaze Beach offers all weather activities for all ages. From Junior Baywatch, a educational and fun activity for the little ones, to our cliff to cliff Zip Wire with a 60 foot abseil! Lusty Glaze Beach also offers:Surfing Lessons Body Boarding Lessons Wine Tasting on the beach Cocktail Lessons Abseiling Beach football, Dodgeball and Volleyball A vertical assault course The Rat Run – a simulated caving experience Team building
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...