Fistral Bay Beach (Cornwall)
Fistral Beach, Newquay is at the centre of the Cornwall surf scene and hosts major surf tournaments throughout the year. Fistral beach is one of the most consistent and best surfing beaches in the UK and Europe.
Located a short wall from Newquay town centre. The beach is just around 750m long backed by sand dunes.
Fistral Bay consists of three beaches:
- South Fistral
- North Fistral
- Little Fistral which is a small bay further to the North accessible only at low tide.
Best known for its surf the west-facing beach gets Atlantic swells producing constant waves. North Fistral beach has surf all the time but is best with the big Atlantic swells. Good for beginners although can get very crowded in summer. South Fistral beach works best on mid to high tides. Suitable for beginners although can have some dangerous rip currents.
A 20 minute walk from Newquay town centre.
International Surf Centre, cafe, restaurants, bars, seasonal lifeguards (May – end of September), car parks although can get very busy in summer months.
Fistral Bay Beach is dog friendly and allows dogs all year.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Newquay in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...