Lusty Glaze Beach (Cornwall)
Lusty Glaze Beach in Newquay is a privately owned beach, this gorgeous cove nestles on the edge of the stunning north coast of Cornwall.
Lusty Glaze beach is a great family beach, has a name derived from the Cornish for ‘A place to view blue boats’. Lusty Glaze is a privately owned horseshoe shaped cove, naturally sheltered by high cliffs, open all year and free of charge. One of Newquay’s best tourist beaches.
The beach specializes in adventure, education, training and is the home to the headquarters of the National Lifeguard and Rescue Training Centre that specializes in cliff and aquatic nationally recognised courses.
Facilities include car parking, lifeguards, restaurant/cafe, activity centre, shop, take away, hire shop, surf school, toilets, showers, beach huts, private area.
Lusty Glaze beach, well-behaved dogs are allowed year round at the restaurant and on the deck area, but during the peak months of June, July, August and September they must be kept off the beach itself.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Newquay in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...