Porth Beach (Cornwall)
Porth beach is a sandy family beach with rock pools and backed by cliffs. At low tide you have a great expanse of sand but this does mean it can be a good walk to the sea.
As one of the most exposed beaches within the Newquay area this beach has a good swell with a break that varies depending on the position of the ever changing sand bar. Popular with novice surfers and body boarders.
Facilities include car park, toilets, cafe, pub, shop and seasonal lifeguards. The beach is also only a 20 -30 minute walk from Newquay town centre.
Porth Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Porth beach does not allow dogs between Easter and October.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Newquay in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...