Tolcarne Beach (Cornwall)
Tolcarne beach is in a crescent shaped sandy bay with tropical palm trees set against a backcloth of cliffs. The Beach offers soft sand, easy swimming, surfing and rock pools to explore.
A family beach; enjoy the water sports, beach games, relax in the sun or shelter in the shade of one of the beach huts.
Surf: Consistent surf and at high tide the ‘Tolcarne Wedge’ a cross wave is great for body boarding.
Facilities include toilets, restaurant, shower, summer life guards, beach huts, shops, parking in town and it is just a 5-10 minute walk to Newquay town centre.
Tolcarne beach does not allow dogs between 1st May until 30th September.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Newquay in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...