Towan Beach (Cornwall)
Towan beach is a good sized sheltered sandy beach adjacent to the quay with rocks to explore. The beach is the closest to the town centre and is often referred to as “Town Beach”. The proximity to the town and the level access, makes it very busy during the summer. The beach has a small, sea filled swimming pool for families to use in the summer season.
It is popular with swimmers, surfers and body boarders due to the protective westerly swells.
Small car park at the beach but you can park anywhere in the town. Seasonal lifeguards (May – end of September), toilets, cafe, deck chair, windbreak, and surf board rental. You also have all the facilities of Newquay town just 5 minutes away.
Towan Beach is dog friendly and allows dogs all year.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Newquay in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...