Watergate Bay Beach
Watergate Bay, Newquay has a two mile stretch of sandy beach at low tide. An action packed beach with excellent facilities and beachside restaurants including Jamie Oliver inspired FIFTEEN Cornwall and The Beach Hut.
For surfers, Watergate Bay is a good beach for all experience levels including novices with a mid-high tide sandy beach break (left and rights). SE wind direction generally considered the best surf conditions.
Good kitesurfing location due to the large beach (not allowed between lifeguard flags during the peak season). Very good kite surfing learning spot due to the shallow large beach.
A good 45 minute walk from Newquay town centre.
Local shops, car park, cafe, toilets, surf school & hire, extreme beach sports, toilets and seasonal lifeguard (May – end of September).
Watergate Bay Beach is dog friendly and allows dogs all year.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' tab we list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do and places to eat.
- Stay At …
Booking.com interactive map