The Towan Blystra Pub (Cornwall)
The Towan Blystra is a Wetherspoon pub in Newquay, Cornwall. Our pub offers a range of real ales, craft beers and freshly ground Lavazza coffee. Breakfast is served until noon, with our full food menu available until 11 pm.Phone: 01637 852970
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Newquay in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- 7th August 2019-11th August 2019The Boadmasters Festival is held in Newquay, Cornwall and split over two locations in the town:Watergate Bay for the camping and the music stages Fistral Beach for the surfing competitions, skate/BMX, Beach Sessions and surf village
- Newquay’s Great Western beach is a popular family beach, comprising of several west facing sandy coves, backed by towering cliffs, sheltering it and providing early morning natural shade. The beach is popular with both families and surfers and despite its close proximity to Newquay town centre, is quieter than some of the other Newquay beaches. It is also possible to walk to neighbouring beaches at low tide. There is good disabled access and a private lift which descends through the cliffs from the Great Western Hotel. The beach caters for all levels of surfing ability but is particular good for beginners as it is slightly more sheltered than other Newquay surfing beaches. Toilets, cafes, showers, deck chair and windbreak rental, surfboard hire, surf schools and seasonal lifeguard cover (May – end of September). Parking is in Newquay Town centre some 5-10min walk away.
- ‘Surfing the Dream’ offers private surf lessons to individuals, couples, families and small groups on Newquay’s famous surfing beaches. Mat has several years experience as a surf coach and tailors each lesson to the needs of the group. Lessons usually take place on Towan, Great Western or Fistral beaches and all equipment is provided.
- Tolcarne beach is in a crescent shaped sandy bay with tropical palm trees set against a backcloth of cliffs. The Beach offers soft sand, easy swimming, surfing and rock pools to explore. A family beach; enjoy the water sports, beach games, relax in the sun or shelter in the shade of one of the beach huts. Surf: Consistent surf and at high tide the ‘Tolcarne Wedge’ a cross wave is great for body boarding. Facilities include toilets, restaurant, shower, summer life guards, beach huts, shops, parking in town and it is just a 5-10 minute walk to Newquay town centre.
- The Lusty Glaze Adventure Centre is located on the privately owned Lusty Glaze beach in Newquay, Cornwall. We offer a range of activities:Surfing for all abilities, banana boat rides, jet ski lessons Abseiling, tightropes Beach activities and games like volleyball, dodgeball and football We support individuals as well as bespoke activities for groups including corporate events.
- Towan beach is a good sized sheltered sandy beach adjacent to the quay with rocks to explore. The beach is the closest to the town centre and is often referred to as “Town Beach”. The proximity to the town and the level access, makes it very busy during the summer. The beach has a small, sea filled swimming pool for families to use in the summer season. It is popular with swimmers, surfers and body boarders due to the protective westerly swells. Small car park at the beach but you can park anywhere in the town. Seasonal lifeguards (May – end of September), toilets, cafe, deck chair, windbreak, and surf board rental. You also have all the facilities of Newquay town just 5 minutes away.
- Little Escape is one of seven beach huts overlooking Towan Beach in Newquay, Cornwall. The hut has electric lighting, power sockets and heating along with being located within a secure gated complex that has a tap suitable for drinking and communal seating area. There is a shower on the beach. The hut is available for day use only and can be rented on a daily, weekend or weekly basis.
- Newquay Zoo is part of the Whitley Wildlife Conservation Trust, alongside Paignton Zoo and Living Coasts. The Newquay site has over 130 species set in 13 acres (53,000 m2) of tropical gardens just a short distance from Newquay town centre. The zoo has an endangered breeding programme and so you will get to see some rare animals like red pandas, lemurs, Sulawesi crested macaques, Humboldt penguins, fossa, marmosets, tamarins and tapirs as well as meerkats and lions.
- The Escape Surf School is located in Newquay, Cornwall and offers to teach to all levels from beginners to the most advanced. We also hire out kit if you just want to practise. Facilities include heated changing rooms with hot showers, board storage, shop with a selection of clothes and surf guides, and we are based at Belushis Bar and Restaurant overlooking Towan beach if you want to chill out. The school is open 12 months of the year, 7 days a week,
- The Blue Wings Surf School operates every day of the year and welcomes everyone, from beginners to the experienced. You will be in safe hands as all our coaches are qualified to British Surfing Association standards as well as NARS qualified Beach Lifeguards. We try and keep our teaching time on the beach to a minimum to maximise the time you will get on the water.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...