Harlyn Bay Beach (Cornwall)
Harlyn Bay beach is a good all-round family beach, great sand, safe paddling beach, surfing, rock pools to explore and coastal walks.
Harlyn is near Padstow, to the east of Trevose Head which means it is more protected than those exposed directly to the Atlantic rollers, with another good beach option with a similar aspect being its neighbour Trevone Bay.
The beach ar Harlyn can get busy in part due to it being what you expect from a Cornish beach.
Facilities at the beach include parking, shop, toilets, lifeguards in summer and a pub nearby.
Harlyn Bay Beach is dog friendly and allows dogs all year.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Padstow in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...