Old Custom House (Cornwall)
The Old Custom House overlooks Padstow harbour serving a wide range of food and fine beers.Phone: 01841 532 359
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Padstow in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Padstow Cycle Hire is ideally located at the start of the Camel Trail, a 17.5mile trail running along a disused railway line by the side of the Camel river. Offers full day or part day Cycle Hire with kit for all ages and includes children and dog trailers. You are advised to pre-book at the height of the summer season.
- St Georges Cove Beach is the closest beach to Padstow and accessible by traveling north along the coast path. This is a sandy cove facing out into the Camel Estuary and at low tide it is possible to walk along a single stretch of sand from St George’s Cove through Harbour Cove and on to Hawkers Cove. The beach is sheltered as it facing into the estuary rather than out to the sea but the estuary can have strong currents and so swimming is not advised. The walk from Padstow to St Georges Cove takes about 20 minutes but when you arrive you have no facilities so you will need to take what you need. Excellent beach walk with great views across the Camel Estuary.
- Porthilly Cove beach at Rock is a mile long sandy beach with dunes located across the Camel estuary from Padstow. A foot passenger ferries visitors between Padstow and Rock daily, a water taxi can take people after dusk. A sheltered beach means it is very popular for water sports including fishing, canoeing, windsurfing, water skiing and rowing. Rock is best known for sailing. Facilities include toilets, car park, shop, cafe, but you also have all the facilities within Rock itself.
- Harbour Cove is a crescent sandy beach that becomes very large at low tide. The beach is a north facing beach within the Camel estuary and a good quieter alternative to the Atlantic facing Padstow beaches. The beach is also known as Tregirls beach. No facilities and parking is in a field down a rough track from the road and then you will need to walk down a sloping path through some trees to get to the beach itself. No facilities other than a tea room at the farm on the road above the beach. You can walk to both St George’s Cove and Hawker’s Cove beaches from Harbour Cove and at low tide you can even walk to Padstow (about 1 mile) with some great views over to Brae Hill and the beaches at Rock.
- Daymer Bay is a sandy beach on the Camel estuary with rock pools to the north of the bay. At low tide the sand stretches south to Rock to form a large expanse of sand backed by sand dunes and a golf course. Beach is good for swimming with shallow water. This wide sandy beach is very sheltered and at high tide it is possible to walk out in to the sea for quite a way before it comes up to your waist. Large car park, toilets and shop. We have no dog information for Daymer Bay beach.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...