All Places in Penwith Peninsula
- The Tregiffian Burial Chamber is a Neolithic or early Bronze age chambered tomb. An entrance passage, lined with stone slabs, leads into a central chamber. It is a rare form of a passage grave, known as an Entrance grave. This type of burial chamber is also typical in the nearby Isles of Scilly.
- Longships lighthouse is situated on on Carn Bras, the highest islet in the Longships group, at the tip of Cornwall and guides vessels through the extreme storms around the cliffs of Lands End. The original tower was built in 1795 but very high seas obscured its light and the present granite tower was built between 1869 and1873 to replace it.
- St Michael’s Mount, a rocky island crowned with medieval church and castle. One of England’s most famous and dramatic coastal attractions. The oldest surviving buildings date from the 12th century, when a Benedictine priory was founded here. Accessible on foot at low tide across a causeway, at other times it is reached by a short boat trip. The island is managed by the National Trust and includes cafe/restaurant and shop. The gardens have limited opening times as they can’t cope with the large amount of summer visitors, see the National Trust website for more information.
- Mutton and Kynance Coves are on the North side of Godrevy Point at the northern point of St Ives Bay. The cove is a popular resting place for Grey seals in part due to the lack of access from the coast path. Closest parking is at the National Trust car park and the Godrevy Cafe. We have no dog information for Mutton and Kynance Coves beach.