Borea Barn Vegetarian B&B (Cornwall)
Just over 4 miles from both St Ives and Penzance, Borea Barn Vegetarian B&B occupies a converted barn in the Cornish village of Nancledra. A full range of vegetarian breakfast options are offered, along with free parking and WiFi.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Penwith Peninsula in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- 15th May 2020-17th May 2020The festival runs for three days at Porthminster beach in St Ives. Activities include:fantastic demonstrations from nationally renowned celebrity chefs artisan traders with high-quality food and drink music performances children’s play area water sports activities
- Chysauster Ancient Village, 2,000 year old Iron Age settlement. The village of stone-walled homesteads known as ‘courtyard houses’, found only on the Land’s End peninsula and the Isles of Scilly. The houses line a ‘village street’, and each had an open central courtyard surrounded by a number of thatched rooms. There are also the remains of an enigmatic ‘fogou’ underground passage.
- Tremenheere Sculpture Gardens is a beautiful sheltered valley near Penzance, surrounded by woods, streams and dramatic 22-acre exotic and sub-tropical garden. The gardens provide the perfect backdrop to art, with internationally renowned artists creating permanent works, all harmonising with their garden setting. Facilities include a cafe, design shop, toilets, car parking and well-behaved dogs are welcome on a lead throughout the gardens. Unfortunately, due to the steep nature of the valley, access to the gardens is severely limited for those with physical disabilities and is unsuitable for mobility scooters, wheelchair users and prams.
- Long Rock is a sand and pebbles beach that has a shallow gradient so a lot of water before it gets deep which makes safe family swimming. The beach sits in the middle of the long stretch of sand within Mount’s Bay. No direct lifeguards but the east end of the beach touches on the Marazion beach that does have summer lifeguards. Parking and other facilities in Long Rock village.
- Carbis Bay is a sandy beach about a mile east of St Ives and a resort in its own right. Very safe bathing due to sheltered aspect and calm sea. Also ideal for windsurfing and water-skiing. All facilities close to the beach, although a small car park and lifeguards during the summer.
- Eastern Green beach is a sandy beach and is also known as “Penzance’s east beach” and is to the north of the harbour. The beach stretches from Penzance harbour to Marazion at low tide. The beach has a gently slope which forces you to walk out some distance to get out of your depth. This makes it a good family beach. On the outskirts of Penzance so you have to walk back into the town for any facilities. We have no dog information for Eastern Green beach.
- Marazion beach is at the eastern end of the long stretch of sand and pebbles that stretch from Penzance to St Michael’s Mount. Marazion beach itself is approx. 1 mile long and has lifeguards in the summer months. The beach is also the access point to St Michaels’s Mount and is well worth a walk across the causeway at low tide. Car parks can be very busy with visitors to St Michaels’s Mount rather than the beach.
- Porthzennor Cove is a sand and rocky beach. The beach is on the South West Coast Path and is not a beach you would sit and relax in the sun but stop off whilst walking and exploring the dramatic sea cliffs of Cornwall. No facilities and access only on foot from the coast path. We have no dog information for Porthzennor Cove beach.
- Porthkidney is a sheltered beach with about 600m of golden sand and sand dunes, the dunes are also known as Lelant Towans. The beach is separated from Hayle beach by a narrow strip of water. Excellent beach for swimming and becomes a surfers beach in the winter as its sheltered location helps to keep the surf up when other more exposed beaches loose wave height. Bathing anywhere near the river estuary is very dangerous as the currents can be extremely strong, safe swimming area is marked. Seasonal lifeguard and close to all the facilities in St Ives itself. We have no dog information for Porthkidney Sands beach.
- Porthmeor beach is perfect for families, as the beach sits in the town of St Ives and is overlooked by the Tate St Ives. The beach has good sand at the top and then a slope at high water mark takes you to a large expanse of flat compact sand. Surf school is located on the beach. This beach has a cafe and restaurant, toilets, seasonal lifeguards and access to St. Ives town. In the summer it can be very hard to park in St. Ives.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...