Denham House (Cornwall)
Featuring free WiFi, Denham House offers pet-friendly accommodation in Marazion. Free private parking is available on site. All rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Some units feature a seating area where you can relax.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Penwith Peninsula in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- 10th May 2019-12th May 2019The festival runs for three days at Porthminster beach in St Ives. Activities include:fantastic demonstrations from nationally renowned celebrity chefs artisan traders with high quality food and drink music performances children’s play area water sports activities
- Marazion beach is at the eastern end of the long stretch of sand and pebbles that stretch from Penzance to St Michael’s Mount. Marazion beach itself is approx. 1 mile long and has lifeguards in the summer months. The beach is also the access point to St Michaels’s Mount and is well worth a walk across the causeway at low tide. Car parks can be very busy with visitors to St Michaels’s Mount rather than the beach.
- St Michael’s Mount, a rocky island crowned with medieval church and castle. One of England’s most famous and dramatic coastal attractions. The oldest surviving buildings date from the 12th century, when a Benedictine priory was founded here. Accessible on foot at low tide across a causeway, at other times it is reached by a short boat trip. The island is managed by the National Trust and includes cafe/restaurant and shop. The gardens have limited opening times as they can’t cope with the large amount of summer visitors, see the National Trust website for more information.
- Long Rock is a sand and pebbles beach that has a shallow gradient so a lot of water before it gets deep which makes safe family swimming. The beach sits in the middle of the long stretch of sand within Mount’s Bay. No direct lifeguards but the east end of the beach touches on the Marazion beach that does have summer lifeguards. Parking and other facilities in Long Rock village.
- Tremenheere Sculpture Gardens is a beautiful sheltered valley near Penzance, surrounded by woods, streams and dramatic 22-acre exotic and sub-tropical garden. The gardens provide the perfect backdrop to art, with internationally renowned artists creating permanent works, all harmonising with their garden setting. Facilities include a cafe, design shop, toilets, car parking and well-behaved dogs are welcome on a lead throughout the gardens. Unfortunately, due to the steep nature of the valley, access to the gardens is severely limited for those with physical disabilities and is unsuitable for mobility scooters, wheelchair users and prams.
- Perran Sands or Perranuthnoe beach is a flat beach with sand except at high tide when it all the beach disappears leaving a few pebbles. Good surfing beach and boasts a reef break along with the beach break. Perranuthnoe has remained undeveloped, with car park, one pub, an art and craft centre and a small cafe catering for beachgoers.
- Eastern Green beach is a sandy beach and is also known as “Penzance’s east beach” and is to the north of the harbour. The beach stretches from Penzance harbour to Marazion at low tide. The beach has a gently slope which forces you to walk out some distance to get out of your depth. This makes it a good family beach. On the outskirts of Penzance so you have to walk back into the town for any facilities. We have no dog information for Eastern Green beach.
- Penlee House Gallery and Museum is a small museum and art gallery contains many paintings by the ‘Newlyn School’ (c.1880 – c.1940) including Stanhope and Elizabeth Forbes, Walter Langley, Harold Harvey and Laura Knight. Set in an elegant Victorian house and park, Penlee House also covers West Cornwall’s archaeology and social history, and offers a cafe and shop.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...