The Ship Inn
With a traditional pub and Cornish restaurant, The Ship Inn offers scenic views across Mousehole Harbour. Just a 10-minute drive from Penzance, the modern rooms have en suite bathrooms.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Penwith Peninsula in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- 10th May 2019-12th May 2019The festival runs for three days at Porthminster beach in St Ives. Activities include:fantastic demonstrations from nationally renowned celebrity chefs artisan traders with high quality food and drink music performances children’s play area water sports activities
- Mousehole is a small fishing village that has a small strip of sand within the harbour and pebble/rocky beaches on either side of the harbour along with a tidal rock swimming pool. This is a typical Cornish fishing village with narrow lanes to explore with hidden shops, galleries and places to eat. Car park although the narrow streets get very busy in the summer.
- Newlyn is best known for being a fishing port and harbour. Green Rocks beach is an easterly facing beach that has more shingle than sand and is largely covered at high tide. Facilities and car park are in Newlyn centre, a few minutes walk from the beach.
- Penlee House Gallery and Museum is a small museum and art gallery contains many paintings by the ‘Newlyn School’ (c.1880 – c.1940) including Stanhope and Elizabeth Forbes, Walter Langley, Harold Harvey and Laura Knight. Set in an elegant Victorian house and park, Penlee House also covers West Cornwall’s archaeology and social history, and offers a cafe and shop.
- Trewidden Garden was originally planted by Thomas Bolitho in the 1850’s. The 15-acre garden incorporates a magnificent collection of over 300 Camellias and Magnolias alongside one of the largest tree fern dells in the Northern Hemisphere and many other attractions. The gardens include a tearoom, plant shop and regular events. Open to the public during the Spring, Summer and beginning of Autumn every year. Dogs are also very welcome to visit the Garden.
- The Tregiffian Burial Chamber is a Neolithic or early Bronze age chambered tomb. An entrance passage, lined with stone slabs, leads into a central chamber. It is a rare form of a passage grave, known as an Entrance grave. This type of burial chamber is also typical in the nearby Isles of Scilly.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...