Nanjizal Beach (Cornwall)
Nanjizal beach is sand with boulders and caves.
The beach never gets busy as it has no facilities and hard to reach, with access being by foot along the coast path.
Nanjizal Beach is dog friendly and allows dogs all year.
- Beach Water Quality
No water quality measurement available for Nanjizal Beach.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Penwith Peninsula in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- 15th May 2020-17th May 2020The festival runs for three days at Porthminster beach in St Ives. Activities include:fantastic demonstrations from nationally renowned celebrity chefs artisan traders with high-quality food and drink music performances children’s play area water sports activities
- Land’s End is the most south westerly point of mainland Britain on the Penwith peninsula, a unique location with beautiful scenery. Land’s End has a particular resonance because it is often used to suggest distance. Land’s End to John o’ Groats in Scotland is a distance of 838 miles (1,349 km) by road and defines the length of races, walks or charitable events. Explore the location; stand on the First and Last Point and take in the spectacular views; visit the historic buildings of the First and Last House and Penwith House; or wander around the West Country Shopping Village. In addition to this you have family entertainment of our five fantastic attractions which include a 4D Film Experience. Any visit to Lands End would not be complete without a photograph at the famous Signpost.
- Porthgwarra beach is a secluded small beach located within a small fishing village. Time your visit correctly as only a small beach available at low tide with an array of interesting rock pools and caves. One cave runs through part of the cliff; there is a rope to hang on to as it’s slippery. Facilities include parking in the village and the beach has toilets and shop.
- Sennen Cove is in the far west of Cornwall, tucked into the corner of Whitesand bay on the Penwith peninsula. In the summer walk the coast path and experience one of the best sea views possible. In the winter this can show how rough these waters can get. A major surfing location but it is also suitable for beginners. The spot is suitable for all levels of kiteboarding and windsurfing although beginners should not attempt it when the waves are big. Even at high tide, there is usually a sand bank in the top corner where the experienced can rig, launch and land in safety. Selection of parking at both ends of the esplanade and also the hill over the cove, lifeguards in the summer, cafe, toilets.
- Sennen Cove lifeboat station was founded in 1853,. The station is situated just one mile northeast of Land’s End and is protected from the storms and force of the Atlantic Ocean by the high cliffs of Pedn-men-du. This area is some of the most challenging conditions to be found anywhere round the coast. The Sennen Cove lifeboat station is open daily with access to a viewing gallery overlooking the lifeboat, Also souvenir shop.
- The Telegraph Museum tells the story of how submarine cables from Porthcurno beach connected all corners of the world. The Telegraph Museum along with a large collection also includes the only complete working telegraph station left in the world. Visitors can explore:Eastern House, home to the World’s biggest telegraph station from the turn of the 20th Century. Grade II listed Cable House where the global network of cables came ashore. Secret World War Two tunnels, built to protect this critical communications hub from attack. The museum is open daily from Easter until the end of October and at various other times throughout the winter.
- Sennen Surfing Centre operates from the of Sennen Beach located beside the beach restaurant. Our fully qualified friendly and experienced team offer a variety of surfing courses for all abilities. We also offer discounts for large groups, families, schools, colleges and community projects. All equipment is included free of charge in each package.
- Sennen Cove has become renowned for its surfing conditions and is highly regarded by local and non-local surfers alike. Sennen tends to be slightly more protected from winds and swell than Gwenvor at the other end of the bay. Sennen’s laid back and friendly atmosphere adds to the feel of Sennen Cove, making it a popular tourist destination for holiday makers and surfers alike. Sennen is good at most tides, bar extreme high tide, works best with a westerly swell and a light easterly wind. Surf gear can be hired at the beach, situated next to a large car park and beach cafe.
- The Cafe at Porthcurno Beach is a family owned cafe and shop located on the beautiful Porthcurno beach. The cafe offers a selection of breakfast – coffee – lunch – afternoon teas and the shop stocks everything you will need for a family beach trip.
- Porthcurno Beach is a beautiful white sand, southeast facing beach in the western corner of the very lovely Porthcurno Bay. The beach has some protection by the cliffs on either side but the beach has a deep shelf into the sea at high tide that adults would find a challenge and so care must be taken with children. Facilities at the beach include car park, toilets, cafe and lifeguard patrols during the summer, with access to the beach along a hard path through the trees from the car park. This is a popular location as we would also suggest a visit to the Minack Theatre in the cliffs to the west and if you have time to the east Pedn Vounder Beach and the famous Logan Rock. This popularity does mean the car park can get very busy as a number of visitors use it to visit the theatre and museum rather than spending the day on the beach.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...