Porthmeor Beach (Cornwall)
Porthmeor beach is perfect for families, as the beach sits in the town of St Ives and is overlooked by the Tate St Ives.
The beach has good sand at the top and then a slope at high water mark takes you to a large expanse of flat compact sand.
Surf school is located on the beach.
This beach has a cafe and restaurant, toilets, seasonal lifeguards and access to St. Ives town. In the summer it can be very hard to park in St. Ives.
Porthmeor Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Porthmeor beach does not allow dogs May to September.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Penwith Peninsula in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...