Trengwainton Garden (Cornwall)
Trengwainton Garden, a sheltered garden with an abundance of exotic trees and shrubs. One of the main aspects is a stream garden with moisture loving plants.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Penwith Peninsula in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- 15th May 2020-17th May 2020The festival runs for three days at Porthminster beach in St Ives. Activities include:fantastic demonstrations from nationally renowned celebrity chefs artisan traders with high-quality food and drink music performances children’s play area water sports activities
- Trewidden Garden was originally planted by Thomas Bolitho in the 1850’s. The 15-acre garden incorporates a magnificent collection of over 300 Camellias and Magnolias alongside one of the largest tree fern dells in the Northern Hemisphere and many other attractions. The gardens include a tearoom, plant shop and regular events. Open to the public during the Spring, Summer and beginning of Autumn every year. Dogs are also very welcome to visit the Garden.
- Penlee House Gallery and Museum is a small museum and art gallery contains many paintings by the ‘Newlyn School’ (c.1880 – c.1940) including Stanhope and Elizabeth Forbes, Walter Langley, Harold Harvey and Laura Knight. Set in an elegant Victorian house and park, Penlee House also covers West Cornwall’s archaeology and social history, and offers a cafe and shop.
- Newlyn is best known for being a fishing port and harbour. Green Rocks beach is an easterly facing beach that has more shingle than sand and is largely covered at high tide. Facilities and car park are in Newlyn centre, a few minutes walk from the beach.
- Eastern Green beach is a sandy beach and is also known as “Penzance’s east beach” and is to the north of the harbour. The beach stretches from Penzance harbour to Marazion at low tide. The beach has a gently slope which forces you to walk out some distance to get out of your depth. This makes it a good family beach. On the outskirts of Penzance so you have to walk back into the town for any facilities. We have no dog information for Eastern Green beach.
- Chysauster Ancient Village, 2,000 year old Iron Age settlement. The village of stone-walled homesteads known as ‘courtyard houses’, found only on the Land’s End peninsula and the Isles of Scilly. The houses line a ‘village street’, and each had an open central courtyard surrounded by a number of thatched rooms. There are also the remains of an enigmatic ‘fogou’ underground passage.
- Tremenheere Sculpture Gardens is a beautiful sheltered valley near Penzance, surrounded by woods, streams and dramatic 22-acre exotic and sub-tropical garden. The gardens provide the perfect backdrop to art, with internationally renowned artists creating permanent works, all harmonising with their garden setting. Facilities include a cafe, design shop, toilets, car parking and well-behaved dogs are welcome on a lead throughout the gardens. Unfortunately, due to the steep nature of the valley, access to the gardens is severely limited for those with physical disabilities and is unsuitable for mobility scooters, wheelchair users and prams.
- Long Rock is a sand and pebbles beach that has a shallow gradient so a lot of water before it gets deep which makes safe family swimming. The beach sits in the middle of the long stretch of sand within Mount’s Bay. No direct lifeguards but the east end of the beach touches on the Marazion beach that does have summer lifeguards. Parking and other facilities in Long Rock village.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...