Penhale Sands Beach (Cornwall)
Penhale Sands and Perranporth Beach form a three mile stretch of excellent sand. Backed by a large area of sand dunes that include the historic sites of St Pirans Cross and St Pirans Oratory.
The beaches are popular with surfers and zoning is in place for water sports.
Facilities include parking, toilets and lifeguards in the summer months.
Penhale Sands berach has dog restrictions May - Sept.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Perranporth in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...