Polzeath Beach (Cornwall)
Polzeath beach is sand/shingle and is also one of the worlds most renowned surfing destinations. On the beach you also have rock pools and a nature reserve but at high tide much of the beach disappears.
The surf can cater for all standards from kids learning to experienced surfers. In the summer it can get very busy in the water.
Facilities include car park, lifeguards in the summer months, pubs, cafes and restaurants.
Polzeath Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Polzeath beach does not allow dogs between Easter and October.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Polzeath in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...