Praa Sands Beach (Cornwall)
Praa Sands, a mile long south-west facing stretch of sand, dunes and rock outcrops at either end. Very much a family beach with good clean water and swimming.
For surfers, the beach has a better swell than its more sheltered neighbours, best in the winter, but this is well known and you may have heavy competition for the waves on a good day.
Apart from the surfing, this is an excellent no-frills family beach with excellent beach and rock pools.
Facilities include car parks, cafe/restaurant, shops, slipway, toilets, campsite and caravan park. Lifeguards present in summer on the west end of the beach and all year round on weekends and school holidays.
Praa Sands does not allow dogs between Easter and October.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Praa Sands in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...