Whitsand Bay Beach (Cornwall)
Whitsand Bay runs for 3 miles from Rame Head in the east to Portwrinkle in the west. We have listed the beaches separately: Portwrinkle & Finnygook Beach, Long Sands (Tregantle Cliff) Beach, Sharrow Point (Grotto Beach) Beach, Freathy Beach and Tregonhawke Beach
The South West Coast Path runs the length of the bay. A UK Ministry of Defence firing range exists between Fort Tregantle at the western end of the bay and Trethill Cliffs near Portwrinkle and this area is closed during firing range operations.
Popular surfing and diving location.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Whitsand Bay Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Rame Peninsula in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...