Porthcurnick beach is a wide isolated sandy beach with rock pools and at low tide some smaller coves become accessible.
The beach is managed by the National Trust and is located at the end of a narrow lane with no parking, it is advised to park in the New Road, Portscatho car park and take the coast path.
This stretch of Roseland Peninsula coast is worth exploring with Portscatho around St Anthony Headland to the west, or to the east you have Carne and Pendower beaches.
The beach has The Hidden Hut cafe and a slipway although if you have a boat beware of the narrow single track lane access.
Porthcurnick Beach is dog friendly and allows dogs all year.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Roseland Peninsula in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Stay At …
Booking.com interactive map