Carne beach, large sandy beach about 1 mile long the east part of Read more [...]
St Mawes Castle Information
Saint Mawes Castle is among the best-preserved of Henry VIII’s coastal artillery fortresses.
The castle was one of the chain of forts built between 1539 and 1545 to counter an invasion threat from Catholic France and Spain, it guarded the important anchorage of Carrick Roads, sharing the task with Pendennis Castle on the other side of the Fal estuary.
For more information see the St Mawes Castle website
St Mawes Castle Reviews