Carlyon Bay Beach (Cornwall)
Carlyon Bay is actually three beaches in one, to the west is Crinnis beach, in the middle is Shorthorn beach and to the east is Polgaver beach. This is a popular coast location backed by cliffs just outside of St Austell on Cornwall’s south coast.
The beach has temporary toilets, pop-up eateries and car parking although the car park can get full early on a hot summer day.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Carlyon Bay Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for St Austell in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...