Pentewan Beach (Cornwall)
Pentewan beach a large private sandy beach with a disused harbour. Although this beach is private access is allowed from Pentewan village, although the village car park is very small.
Good for swimming and all water sports – swimming, surfing, windsurfing, sea canoeing, water skiing and sailing.
Large holiday park on this beach which can make it busy.
Toilets and small village car park.
Pentewan beach has strict dog restrictions, believed to be only allowed weekdays in the winter.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for St Austell in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...